Pages

Apr 29, 2012

Homemade Hand Soap

I saw this recipe for homemade hand soap on Pinterest and decided to give it a shot.  Even when on sale, I feel like hand soap is such a rip off.  Since we're already making our own laundry detergent for only a few dollars and love it, I felt pretty confident in this one too.  This recipe was simple enough:


Ingredients: 1 cup of finely grated soap, 10 cups water, and 1 tablespoon liquid glycerin

You'll need a: cheese grater, large pot, measuring cup and spoons, a container for the extras, a liquid measuring cup/something with a spout.  I find those are the easiest for me to use since we don't own a funnel.



Once you have your soap grated, you'll only use one cup of it so find something to store the rest in.  I used a zip lock bag.  Add 10 cups of water into your large pot on medium-low and stir until everything is melted.  Let it cool completely and you're done!  Easy enough, right?


Total cost?  $0.08 per bottle with a whole lot to spare.  That definitely helps keep us way below our budget for household items.


Major thanks to Savvy Housekeeping for putting up the post.  I think it's going to be one used a lot in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment