Pages

Jun 15, 2012

The Now Habit

Check it out on Amazon
I started reading The Now Habit by Neil Fiore last night about procrastination.  Which I did not procrastinate before picking up to read.  Holla!  Anyway, a few of the sentences really jumped out at me when they were describing the different types of people.

Does life feel like one long string of obligations that cannot be met?  Do you feel agitated, pressured, continually fearful of being caught procrastinating.

Umm...  Hello.  I actually didn't realize that I had been interviewed for this particular book.  That's me.

I go out of my way to not do things I enjoy because of the fear that someone else won't like what I did because I should have been working on something else.  I really enjoy writing.  I've been beating myself up for months because my goal is to post every day but our typical day to day isn't riveting stuff.  I've stopped myself because I don't want people to judge me as a person without stories to tell.  From here on out, I'm going to start writing for myself and enjoying what I manage to get posted on this blog.

This is the story of a couple of married twenty-somethings that have three dogs and are paying off their debt while living as cheaply as possible.  Eventually we'll throw some kids in the mix but for right now, it's enough.  Stick around and throw up a comment once in awhile.

1 comment:

  1. A coupe of awesome people with 3 super dogs is more like it!

    ReplyDelete