Pages

Jun 24, 2012

Photo Block Project

This project was so easy that we can't believe it's completely done.  It only took about two hours total.  Hubs cut the boards for me and we spray painted them last night.  We decided to go for a textured paint that would be pretty neutral with the photos.


The photos were 8"x8" and a smidge too wide for the boards.  We trimmed about 3/4 of an inch off and used spray adhesive to put the whole thing together.


We only glued one photo on before we figured out that we needed to drill a hole in the back to be able to hang them on the wall.  After that little duh moment, we were in business.  We let them dry for about 30 minutes.  


Every time we hang something, I swear that I'm going to buy my husband a level.  He gets so intense when it's thisclose to being level but he feels the need to fix it.  If it looks kind of right to me, we're good.  I guess we balance each other out that way.


I'm happy with the texture on the blocks.  You can still see a little bit of wood grain but I kind of like it.


Oh hey mom!  We saw you were getting ready to take a picture.


Finished!  I've decided that we're never moving because there are simply too many nail holes to fill in now.


What do you think?

2 comments: