Pages

Oct 31, 2012

Quick Dresser Freshener

A few weeks ago, my mother in law and I stopped in this little antique store.  She found a cute little dresser buried under and behind a bunch of things.  I can never find antique store furniture for as cheap as she got this one.  We called up Hubs and made him help us carry this bad boy out.    


It had cute bones.  The top was completely scratched up and bowing from the top frame.   The stain was fading all over the place.  It just needed a bit of TLC.  I offered to redo it for her to get out of watching football out of the goodness of my heart.


I dug out the hand sander and a stray piece of sandpaper and went to town.  There was a surprising amount of nooks and crannies to sand between.


We also had a ton of interruptions.  I think she was telling me that I missed a spot because I know my sweet girl wouldn't have just been barking for the heck of it.  She also wouldn't have stolen that pillow that I was using to save my knees either.  Right.

The face of a good dog.
I think it looks pretty good where she has it.  I wish you could see the top of the dresser now.  It's so beautifully smooth!  She liked the detail in the original drawer pulls and put those back on.


My mother in law gets me.  When she hears that we're coming down, she gathers up any house projects that she would like done.  She got me to paint her hallway on Sunday.  I love it.  I told my mom about it and she booked me to paint her bedroom in January.

Total cost of the redo: $0  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment